The soon I entered the creative field, music became my partner in writing. Put on headphones, start the playlist, cancel the surrounding noise, and write. That’s my daily schedule of writing.
The point is, listening to music while working is the secret to my productivity. All that it takes is the right playlist, and you will be on top of your productivity. Seriously, music works like a charm. And this goes for everyone. Whether you are cooking, writing, or doing art.
However, not all music is kind to the ears and not all types of music can increase your productivity. So how, to make a music playlist to increase productivity?
With so many music streaming apps, we have endless music options. Which is good, but it also makes it hard to nail down just the right music to focus on.
So here, I did what I’m best at research.
It turns out, there is a gazillion of studies that states the influence of music and relate it to your productivity level.
According to studies music improves concentration, relieves anxiety and provides a healthy environment for focus and productivity.
There is one psychological principle known as the “iso principle”. This principle says how different styles and genres of music can have an ever-lasting impact on an individual’s mood and mindset and how music motivates an individual.
In this kind of music therapy, the patient listens to the selected music to deviate their mind and achieve the desired mental effect. This principle can be applied anywhere- while you doing any art or at your workplace. If you made a playlist that can alter your mind frame to let you focus more, and concentrate but at the same time gives you enjoyment, then my friend you succeeded.
Perks of Listening to Music While Doing Art
Other than improving productivity, music provides other benefits as well like-
- Minimizing Anxiety: By listening to something soothing you can create a more relaxed environment around you to do your daily tasks.
- Improving Focus: With background noise like music, you can shut off the external distraction and so can easily focus on your tasks/arts.
- Enhancing creativity: once your mood is improved, and your sense of focus is heightened, you will be able to develop more creativity which is much needed while performing art.
6 Science-Backed Music Playlists to Improve Productivity
1. Classical Music Playlist: Classical music has been shown to improve focus and increase productivity. This playlist features some of the most popular and calming classical pieces from composers such as Beethoven, Mozart, and Chopin.
2. Instrumental Music Playlist: Instrumental music is perfect for focusing because it doesn’t have lyrics to distract you. This playlist features ambient and instrumental music from various artists that can help you stay focused and motivated.
3. Lo-Fi Hip Hop Playlist: Lo-fi hip hop is a popular genre of music that has a relaxing and calming effect. This playlist features some of the best lo-fi tracks to help you focus and be productive.
4. Nature Sounds Playlist: Nature sounds can have a soothing effect on the mind and body, making them great for concentration. This playlist features various nature sounds such as rain, waves, and bird songs.
5. Upbeat Pop Playlist: Sometimes, a little bit of upbeat pop music is just what you need to stay focused and motivated. This playlist features some of the catchiest pop songs to help you power through your work.
6. Video Game Soundtracks Playlist: Video game soundtracks can be surprisingly effective for concentration because they’re designed to help players stay focused for long periods of time. This playlist features soundtracks from various video games that can help you stay focused and productive.
So, next time when you start doing art use the above-recommended playlist and let us know whether it increased your productivity or not.
Meanwhile, visit ArtbyO to have a look at some mind-relaxing other-worldly art. Who knows, you might get inspired to improve your creativity at work and in life in general.